Sunday, October 9, 2011

Voyage to Africa...

Five months ago I got the news that I would be moving to Mali, Africa to live, work and study. At the time I couldn't conceptualize just how big this move would be or fathom this life altering experience that I would be embarking upon. Now, with just a few weeks left before I am scheduled to leave the only life I've known, I'm taking the time to take it all in. If you would have told this Atlanta native that she would be moving to Africa one day, I wouldn't have believed you. God is a strong force in my life...only he could be behind my life's journey because he's affording me the opportunity to do the unthinkable. In a perfect world my mother would still be alive to see me make this major move abroad, but she will be with me in spirit every step of the way. My journey begins October 28th, 2011...once I make this move, I will never be the same. The anticipation grows daily and as the day approaches I will experience various emotions that I will share with my readers. I will also document my experiences while I'm in Mali...stay tuned to watch as Mz. Ambitious TRAVELS!

No comments: